4 March, 2013 by shortcaked
In addition to having a sweet blog, Kathrin at Ginger Lemon and Spice seems to think I’m pretty sweet too (to which I can only say AW SHUCKS and turn frightfully pink and/or squeal for a while) and passed along the Liebster Blog Award last week!
Honestly, I’m all kinds of honored. I’ve been seriously in the blogosphere for about a month and I feel like such a little baby blog by like..everyone’s standards, so it’s really heartwarming (feeeeelings) to know that someone out there is reading and liking what I’m posting! (YAY!)
Okay anyway enough of me being a raging gushmonster. Per Kathrin’s blog, the rules of the award:
1. Each awarded blogger will post 11 random facts about themselves
2. 11 questions provided by the sender have to be answered
3. 11 new bloggers have to be chosen to which the award will be passed on Go to their pages, tell them about the award and pass on the link to your post! So it is kind of a blogger chain mail. But there is nothing bad happening to you, if you don’t pass it along! It just makes fun and is a nice way to push new blogs a little and get to know the owners
And because I am all for getting to know other blog owners (cue inspiring musical number about how we’re all in this together, and ensuing knife-to-the-face at the fact that I’m pretty sure I just referenced High School Musical) I will gladly play along. So here goes. ELEVEN THINGS YOU PROBABLY DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT ME!
- I just ordered a new camera. It’s my early graduation present to myself, and I am SO EXCITED okay stay tuned on that one.
- Peanut butter is my favorite flavor, and if I could I would put it on anything.
- Case in point: peanut butter oatmeal. Sounds weird; tastes delicious. Try it. It’s kind of a breakfast staple for me now.
- Speaking of: breakfast is hands down five-ever my favorite meal of the day. There’s just so many options with breakfast, and none of them are ever wrong.
- I have a cat with one eye. His name is Jack, and he is a crotchety old thing.
- My dog is much nicer. His name is Raleigh, and I do not really know why I’m talking about my pets.
- How about my non-pets: my family raises beef and pork for our own selfish consumption. As a result until last week I had never eaten steak outside my own kitchen, because I am a spoiled spoiled beef-brat.
- I keep a notebook of cupcake ideas by my bed for when inspiration strikes. Next up on the to-make list: a set of cakes inspired by the Song of Ice and Fire Starks, because I am a nerd.
- My mom has recently started telling me that though I do not not not look Italian at all (heyyo, dad’s Anglo-genes) I remind her of her grandmother. Fuck yes.
- I am a sucker for British television, like everyone else female and under the age of thirty.
- ELEVEN IS MY THIRD FAVORITE NUMBER HOW WEIRD IS THAT. Eight and thirteen take the first and second spots.
Now that you know eleven random things about me…on to the questions!
1. What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
Hm. I don’t know, actually. I’ve probably eaten some things that are pretty weird, but I just kind of shrug it off and say ‘nah, that was pretty cool, actually’. Maybe (probably, actually) the weird cantaloupe-zucchini hybrid we got out of the garden a few years ago. That thing was pretty damn weird.
2. Summer or winter?
Summer, though if you’d asked me a few years ago I’d probably have said the reverse. There’s just so much more to do in summer; we’re currently snowed in and it’s just gloomy. Bonus; fresh veg. Who doesn’t love fresh veg. And shorts. And sun, and jesus why is it only February.
3. What did you dream of becoming when you were growing up?
A librarian! Which is I guess awesome for my life-goals, because I spent like seven years working as a librarian. I used to have this huge fascination with the machines they used to punch the cards, and that is honestly why I wanted to be a librarian. True story. /Stinson-toast
4. What is your profession?
I have (ish) a Bachelors in English, which I’m using to work in an office as a general lackey/customer service rep. I kind of want to get back into working in libraries, though; maybe I’ll wind up being one of those library-working-moms when– ACK I’LL STOP TALKING ABOUT THE FUTURE NOW.
5. Beer or wine?
Beeeeeer. I’m a classy bitch. No, really it’s just that my mom always drank beer when I was growing up so I never had a chance to get the taste for wine. I’m okay with sweet whites (Moscato is my jam) but daaamn, just give me a Porch Rocker and a porch to rock on. I’ll be a happier camper.
6. What are your hobbies besides blogging?
Writing-reading-running-moviewatching-video gameplaying-maniacdriving-adventuring. Crafting. I’m a making-things-with-my-hands kind of girl.
7. What is your favourite band?
Of like ALL TIME? Probably Say Anything, because they always get me RIGHT IN THE FEELINGS. But right now I’m really into Eric Church, who..is not a band, but he makes music.
8. Is there a food you hate?
A few, and I’ve happily been discovering that I don’t hate a lot of them anymore! Case in point Gorgonzola, liver, shrimp, clams, peas. I want to try out asparagus and fish (god, do I want to love fish) and wind up loving them too, because that would be the whole roster. And then I would like literally everything.
Except for fake cherry. And licorice. Damn, foiled.
9. Sweet or salty snacks?
Both? Yes? They’re made to be friends, don’t split them apart.
10. Coffee or tea?
Again I say..both! I started on tea, and I will always love tea. But I’ve been drinking coffee since I was too young and at this point I find it hard to stop. Even though yesterday my sister screwed up the coffee situation HARDCORE and left me crawling for a teabag in desperate need of caffeination, gr.
11. What was the first blog you read?
Like EVER? I don’t remember. But the first food blog that I read and really thought I CAN DO THAT was Not Your Momma’s Cookie. Jennifer: STAY PERFECT and keep inspiring me to do silly things with food.
Okay now hard part time, I don’t know if I can choose eleven supersweet blogs to love. alkgjoeria whatever here goes. IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:
- My So-Called Foodie Life!
- Books and Suitcases!
- The Infinite Desire for Wandercrust!
- Of All Tastes!
- Girl on Grill Action!
- How to Grow Stumpfs! (It was this picture that sealed it. I am in love with those bowls.)
- Once in a Blue Spoon!
- Pearls and Oysters!
- and because I can (and there’s no rule that says otherwise), I’m kicking the kudos back to Ginger, Lemon, & Spice!
And an honorable mention to Sweet Caroline! I like your style, girl. I’m excited to see great things from you.
Like Kathrin, I kind of blurred the lines on the ‘200 followers’ quota; I wanted to spread the love to people who are in the shallow end of the follow-pool, but who were still putting quality stuff out there. All y’all struck me in some kind of way while I was crawling the blogosphere today, which in its simplest means you made me smile when I was having an otherwise crap day. I may not have been at this long, but I LOVE when blogs I read do that– so this is my way of saying thank you to some of you.
Alright. Alright. Enough of the gush. Eleven questions for you guys to answer, should you choose; link them back to me if you repost so I can learn about you!
1. What is your favorite thing to cook?
2. If your life could be like any movie, which would it be?
3. If you were forced to give up one food forever, is there something you’d be able to give up and not miss?
4. What is the one food you could absolutely never live without?
5. Chocolate or vanilla?
6. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
7. If you could do anything in the world, what would it be?
8. In the same line of thinking: if you could LIVE anywhere in the world, where would you go?
9. What is your go-to comfort food?
10. What’s your earliest food memory?
11. What’s your favorite time of year?
Happy questioning, and congratulations on being awesome! I look forward to getting answers from all of you.